The 2020/21 edition of the UEFA Champions League has already begun and there have already been some top results to have been produced.
One of the biggest to have occurred in the opening match week has included Shakhtar Donetsk’s 3-2 triumph over Real Madrid, Manchester United’s away victory over last season’s runners-up PSG by a scoreline of 2-1, whilst Bayern Munich got things underway as well as they could have hoped. Indeed, results such as these can make betting difficult, however punters using this Austrian portal have certainly made life a little easier each time they look to place a wager.
Hans-Dieter Flick’s side destroyed Atletico Madrid 4-0 at the Allianz Arena on Wednesday and will undoubtedly remain favourites to win the title. However, they do not have the most valuable squad, with suggestions that a Premier League side do.
According to data from Transfermarkt – with whom GIVEMESPORT have managed to compile into an article – the website have listed all of the squad values of all 32 teams playing in the Champions League group stages and Liverpool sit on top of the pile with a value of just shy of a £1 billion (£972.63m).
Here is the full run-down (the letter denotes their group)…
32. Ferencvárosi – £21.83m (G)
31. FC Midtjylland – £37.85m (D)
30. Lokomotiv Moscow – £75.83m (A)
29. Istanbul Basaksehir – £77.54m (H)
28. Olympiacos Piraeus – £86.67m (C)
27. Dynamo Kyiv – £90.23m (G)
26. FK Krasnodar – £104.09m (E)
25. Shakhtar Donetsk – £121.32m (B)
24. Red Bull Salzburg – £129.60m (A)
23. Club Brugge – £129.78m (F)
22. Zenit St. Petersburg – £162.27m (F)
21. Olympique Marseille – £205.61m (C)
20. Stade Rennais FC – £216.45m (E)
19. FC Porto – £226.22m (C)
18. Ajax Amsterdam – £257.54m (D)
17. Borussia Mönchengladbach – £282.04m (B)
16. Sevilla FC – £314.01m (E)
15. SS Lazio – £325.62m (F)
14. Atalanta – £335.66m (D)
13. RB Leipzig – £463.12m (H)
12. Borussia Dortmund – £528.53m (F)
11. Inter Milan – £616.59m (B)
10. Juventus FC – £621.18m (G)
9. Atlético Madrid – £661.95m (A)
8. Manchester United – £719.87m (H)
7. Chelsea FC – £755.01m (E)
6. Real Madrid – £769.50m (B)
5. Paris Saint-Germain – £772.88m (H)
4. Bayern Munich – £787.19m (A)
3. FC Barcelona – £790.65m (G)
2. Manchester City – £971.64m (C)
1. Liverpool FC – £972.63m (D)
GIVEMESPORT also provided us with a breakdown of each group’s value as well…
Group A: £1.65bn
Group B: £1.79bn
Group C: £1.49bn
Group D: £1.60bn
Group E: £1.39bn
Group F: £1.15bn
Group G: £1.52bn
Group H: £2.03m
Naturally, Group H will stand out as it has the highest value of teams, although this should not be a surprise as it contains the likes of PSG, Man United, Leipzig and Istanbul Basaksehir.
Group F, on the other hand, is the group with the lowest overall squad values and features Dortmund, Lazio, Club Brugge and Zenit.